How you buy wholesale items for resale is really up to you. Think about how you shop for everyday items. Sometimes, you might go to a brick-and-mortar store for convenience, or if you know you can get something at a great price. Or, you might shop online to avoid crowds and the hassle of having to lug stuff around. It’s no different for your retail space. It’s all about preference, ease and finding the best deals.
Buying IRL (In Real Life)
If you want to take a more hands-on approach for purchasing wholesale items for retail, you can opt to work with local or regional wholesalers and artisans. This will allow you to see products beforehand. You can also find out if the items of interest are customizable, or if they can be branded with your own private label. Just make sure the products you’re interested in won’t kill your buying budget or potential profits.
Helpful Tips: How To Find Local Or Regional Wholesale Distributors
Here are a few things to keep in mind as you search for the right ones.
- Check out local art expos, flea markets or craft events. You can find vendors with unique items that would fit in well with your retail space.
- Talk to people who sell products that are similar to what you’d like to carry. If they’re not going to be your competition once you start selling, they might be comfortable with revealing their sources.
- Attend trade shows related to your target market or even the products you intend to sell. You can find inspiration and even connect with wholesalers.
- Subscribe to trade publications that are related to the items you want to provide. If you’re going to sell clothing, you can discover where to buy wholesale clothing for a boutique, or if you want to sell jewelry, you can find out where to buy wholesale jewelry for a more niche clientele.
- Don’t just start a partnership with the first local wholesaler or artist that you find. If the prices and quality aren’t there, keep looking. Ultimately, your brand will be on the line. Do you want to be known for inferior quality products that happen to be local, or do you want to establish a reputation for having the best locally crafted products in the area? You decide.
If you’re trying to figure out where to buy wholesale online, you’re actually in the right place for wholesale apparel, accessories or home and kitchen decor. Wholesale Accessory Market offers these items at the best prices around. So, you can start your search for bulk products here.
Now, we know we’re not the only game in town—or online for that matter. If you’re looking for something outside of our scope and you know that real life treasure hunts aren’t your thing, online shopping can provide a wealth of options. Here are a few things to keep in mind before you jump in headfirst.
Helpful Tips: How To Buy Wholesale For Resale Online
Here are a few things to keep in mind when you’re looking for items.
- Search for the items that you want to sell. Make sure you include product-related specifics like SKUs.
- Once you find what you need, poke around and locate the best contact information for wholesale inquiries. Then you can ask for more details about products, prices or the wholesaler’s policies.
- Regardless of which wholesaler you decide on, make sure they’re reputable and can fulfill orders without inconveniencing you and your customers. Read reviews about them. Or, if you’re active in industry-related professional groups, ask around to find online wholesalers with solid reputations.